Monday, January 2, 2012

The Mystery Loco, II

The Model Railroader forum is amazing.  Concerning the "Mystery Loco" in my last post, I received two replies almost immendiately.  Both gave informative details about the little Southern steam engine.  Check it out:
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/steamengines/id3.html

This is obviously the correct, Tyco, locomotive.  AND, the timing is about right, around 1976.  My son would have been about three years old, and I was probably getting ready to introduce him to HO Gauge at a young age.  I also have several copies of "Model Railroader" and "Railroad Model Craftsman" from the mid-1970's.  These magazines are stacked with some from the mid-1950's, when I first became interested in HO Gauge trains.  Frankly, the current "go-around" with this hobby is the farthest I've ever gotten.  Wonder how far it will go. . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment