Friday, December 23, 2011

The Company Store

All mill villages deserve a Company Store, so Blacktop Crossing has one.  Again (like the previous post), this structure was made prior to the Mill Village Houses as well as the Cotton Gin.  This is an American Model Builders kit, Corydon General Store.  The laser cutting was truly impressive; fit was fantastic.  I did find some of the parts extremely small and this was HO gauge.  I'm not sure how you could make it in N scale!

The windows, themselves, were in about five different parts -- upper and lower sashes, trim, "glass", etc.  The peel and stick pieces were helpful to keep from getting glue all over EVERYthing.  I may have gone overboard with the bi-color hexagonal tile on the front porch roof.  AND, it looks like I need to go back and do a little touch-up painting to keep bare wood and paper from showing.  Now, if I can just remember what colors I used on the tile. . . .  Looks like we need a few signs, at least on the large, blank side wall of the store.

I suppose the pink '53 Cadillac belongs to the cotton mill owner's daughter and the guy leaning against the post is just waiting outside to impress her when she comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment